Monday, January 21, 2013

Who's In And Who's Out: UK and Ireland

Speculation is rife that either Kimberley Walsh or Girls Aloud will represent the UK this year at Eurovision. The fact that Fridrik Kempe wrote two of the songs on Kimberley's latest album is fueling these rumours. Personally I'm not convinced that sending Girls Aloud will solves the UK's run of poor performers. Girls Aloud may get a shock when they find out vocals must be live.

Personally I never cared that much who the UK entered to Eurovision as they rarely seem to do well and despite their protests never appear to try. However if Girls Aloud were to be the UK enterant I shall quote Bernard from Yes Minister - "Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits"

In Ireland, the rumour mills are in full swing (not that I have ever add fuel to the flames). Donna Taggart, a great traditional Irish singer was considered a possible candidate by both myself and my fellow Irish Eurovision bloggers Eurovision Ireland. [Hint Donna: Don't follow Eurovision blogs in January].

No comments:

Post a Comment