Friday, April 20, 2012

Time To Look At The Odds

So we're currently in the depths of the dry period. Those who have survived this month can look forward to another few weeks sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth listening Mirakel over and over again. In the meantime I will endure to continue here.

So I have been waiting for a while for the semi-final 1 odds to settle down and now that they have let's see what they are saying. Denmark and Iceland are favourites to qualify, win Denmark and Russia favourites to win the semi. I think that Iceland is surprisingly low odds for a second position in the running order.

Then we have Russia, Romania, Greece and Ireland are then fairly close together. I think that all of these are quite likely to qualify.

Next up we have Cyprus, Moldova, and Albania. I'm not sure that Cyprus is likely to qualify but I think that juries will push Albania into the final. If you look at yesterday's post I think Moldova have only a 50/50 chance of qualifying.

Next up are the marginals these are Israel, Switzerland and Finland are for all going to be chasing for the last spots. I think juries will see the artistic quality behind the Israeli entry and push it into the final.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think that the odds being given this year are accruate? If I remember correctly, bookies thought that France was going to win the entire thing last year, but wound up tanking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that the odds look pretty accurate this year. But at this point in time we only know very little about really important factors like staging and live performances.

      Also odds are controlled mostly by fans at this point in time. As the contest grows closer non-Eurovision fans will put bets on, this also will affect the odds.

      Delete