Monday, January 16, 2012

Iceland Semi Final 2: Review

As I said previously Super Monday appears to be today. Because it is hard to get our hands on the Norwegian and Danish songs in full we are publishing a review of the songs in Iceland's semi-final. 

Ellert Jóhannsson - This is a very bouncy song. However it does have an old fashioned sound to it. I don't think that this is going to get out of the semi-final but I still like it. Grade: C

Simbi og Hrútspungarnir - This reminds me of Father'n'sons in the first semi-final. But this has a much stronger Icelandic feel to it. It builds well and is pleasant to listen to. Grade: C+

Rósa Birgitta Ísfeld - Given the standard this just doesn't do it for me at all. It lacks a really tune, the singer does not covey anything that is required to make this stand out. Grade: E+

Regína Ósk - An Icelandic R'n'b which may or may not do well depending on how it is performed. Grade: D+

Guðrún Árný Karlsdóttir - While I know that I give out about the number of boring female ballads, I think this one is done very well. The delicate nature of the song is dealt with well by the singer. I really think this is the kind of female ballad that we were looking for. Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment