Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Iceland Semi Final 1: Review

With the first semi-final in Iceland just days away we take a look at the songs.


Íris Hólm - Much more rockish song than "The One". It doesn't sound modern enough but I still like this. Grade: B-

Greta Salome & Jonsi - Starts deep and intense but then develops with what sounds like violins. Female singing is very intense. However the chorus just is not sharp enough for my liking. Grade: C-

Fatherz'n'sonz - Strange song but reminds me of Nordman until…….crash…….suddenly it all sounds like Christmas. No - then continues to be a bit more like Nordman. What is this song????? This would sound totally out place in May. Grade: E

Heiða Ólafsdóttir - This is a gentle sounding ballad which does really go anywhere. If it was anywhere else I'd say that it may do well for being so relaxed. But this is Iceland. It just does work in such a short show. Grade: E

Blar Opal - Modern sounding…I'll give it that. For the first time I'm not sure if the song is best suited to Icelandic. We've seen these types of songs all the time in National Selections. Might be good  - might not. Grade: D-.

No comments:

Post a Comment